Redfox from Living Armstrongism had the following to post. Get involved and participate with a letter of your own if you feel the message of the PCG is detrimental to your fellow man.
According to PCG their telecast, The Key of David, will soon begin to air on CBS Reality starting on September 7 at 8:00 am.
Because of this I wrote the following email to them to reveal the truth about PCG to them.
You can email them and make your voice heard by emailing them at http://cbsreality.tv/uk/contact.php.
Here is what I wrote them.
To CBS Reality,
I read that starting September 7 at 8:00 am CBS Reality will be starting to broadcast a TV program entitled The Key of David.
I appeal to you not to broadcast this telecast. The organization behind this program, the Philadelphia Church of God (PCG), led by Gerald Flurry, has a terrible reputation for abusive and dangerous behavior. It is an offshoot of the Worldwide Church of God, founded by Herbert W. Armstrong, which also had a dreadful reputation for abusive and controlling behavior.
This is not about religion, it is about abusive behavior.
(1) Members hold this superstition that using medicines is somehow an offense against God and members have been known to refuse to take medical treatment. Some have even died because of this doctrine of death, such as Australian member Garth MacDonald in 2006 (See: http://www.exitsupportnetwork.
(2) PCG members are strictly forbidden from having contact with members of their parent organization, the Worldwide Church of God, which was founded by Herbert W. Armstrong, or any other organizations springing from WCG. Those who belong to such organizations are denounced as “Laodiceans” who are viewed as cursed by God and not worthy of any social contact. (See: http://www.pcog.info/ptmmtp.
(3) PCG is also racist in that it teaches members that interracial marriage is sinful and forbidden by God. Notice what one of their booklet, South Africa in Prophecy, have to say about interracial marriage. This booklet is still offered by PCG on The Key of David
“In Genesis 6, the conditions at the time of Noah are explained. Three specific conditions are mentioned: 1) Marrying according to their own choice, rather than subscribing to God’s laws in the choice of a mate; …
“An honoured guest of many of this world’s leaders, including South Africa’s, throughout his lifetime, God’s end-time Elijah, Herbert W. Armstrong, was used by Christ to restore God’s truth to His Church (Matt. 17:11). Mr. Armstrong wrote very strongly about these verses. He said, “The Bible speaks of three WORLDS: the ‘world that then was, overflowed by the Flood’; ‘this present evil world’; and ‘the world to come.’ At the close of that world, they were eating and drinking, and ‘marrying and giving in marriage’ (Matt. 24:38). RESULT? Destruction—the punishment for SIN!” (Plain Truth, Oct. 1963, p. 26). Mr. Armstrong then asked, “What was the sin?” He continues in the same article: “Now go back to Genesis 6. Notice, these men looked lustfully at women, ‘and they took them wives of all WHICH THEY CHOSE’ (v. 2)—and as a result, the very next words: ‘And the Eternal said, My spirit shall not always strive with man….’ He was going to destroy them in punishment! Yes, in punishment for taking wrong wives— wives which THEY CHOSE, contrary to God’s decrees and laws!
““God had decreed that the races should not intermarry, and pollute the blood stream! But Negro men were choosing white wives and white men choosing yellow wives—just as many are doing today! They did not marry wives as GOD chose and directed—but ‘of all which THEY chose.’
““THE ANTEDILUVIANS WERE TRYING TO INTEGRATE! They, like we today, had a racial problem. They tried to solve it by INTEGRATION. They were going to DO AWAY with God’s VARIETIES— His different, distinct races.”” (Ron Fraser, South Africa in Prophecy, 1997, pp. 21-22.)
This is hard core racism. Why is CBS Reality promoting an organization that promotes harmful racist garbage like this? Why is CBS Reality choosing to associate with a group that teaches racist garbage like this? Was CBS Reality aware that PCG, which produces The Key of David, promotes harmful ideas like this?
(4) PCG members are also required to pay three tithes, not just one as is practiced in some other churches.
(5) Their leader, Gerald Flurry, is held to be “That Prophet”, “God’s man” and an Apostle. He is taught to be the one man through whom God is working with through the world.
If you wish to see more information about this organization (Philadelphia Church of God) you might wish to investigate the following websites:
Ambassador Report on PCG
Exit and Support Network
Banned by HWA
The Plain Truth about Malachi’s Message and That Prophet (written by a former member)
For all these reasons and more I appeal to you not to broadcast The Key of David. It’s not about religion, it’s about abusive behavior.
I encourage everyone to make your voice heard and tell CBS Reality the truth about The Key of David and PCG.